Transforming the Future: HPC @ Dell EMC
Intel switched it’s server CPU branding from E3, E5, and E7 to metallic names, from Bronze at the bottom-end through Silver and Gold to Platinum at the top.
- Skylake Processor : 14nm, up to 28 CPU Cores, support for 6 channels of DDR4-2666
- Lewisburg Chipset: four lanes of PCI-Express 3.0 physically, support of up to four 10GbE interfaces
- Workload Accelerators
- Intel® AVX-512 (2X FLOPs/core) for HPC, Analytics, Database and Security
- Intel QuickAssist Technology: 2x faster crypto and compression
- FPGA: 5X speedups on server, storage and network algorithms
- New Fabric Technology : Omni-Path, 100Gbps bandwidth with no loss of PCIe lanes.
Amd : The Power of EPYC for Datacenter
Intel Xeon E5 for processors are now available in Dell servers. Intel's benchmarks give 27% performance increase. Key features;
- 22 core and 44 thread
- 55 MB cache memory
- 24 DIMM and DDR4 2400MHz frequency support
Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v4 family and Benchmarks
SPARC T7 and M7 Servers, with 1 to 16 sockets and 256 to 4096 compute threads, deliver wide key data encryption with no performance penalty and advanced intrusion protection.
SanDisk DAS Cache Technology